Whois Domain Lookup
What is Whois Domain ?
WHOIS is a query and response protocol that is used for querying databases that store the registered users or assignees of an Internet resource, such as a domain name, an IP address block, or an autonomous system,etc.
Purpose of Whois
The WHOIS system originated as a method for system administrators to obtain contact information for IP address assignments or domain name administrators.
The use of the data in the WHOIS system has evolved into a variety of uses, including:
- Supporting the security and stability of the Internet by providing contact points for network operators and administrators, including ISPs, and certified computer incident response teams;
- Determining the registration status of domain names;
- Assisting law enforcement authorities in investigations for enforcing national and international laws, including, in some countries, specialized non-governmental entities may be involved in this work;
- Assisting in combating abusive uses of information communication technology;
- Facilitating inquiries and subsequent steps to conduct trademark research and to help counter intellectual property infringement;
- Contributing to user confidence in the Internet as a reliable and efficient means of information and communication and as an important tool for promoting digital inclusion, e-commerce and other legitimate uses by helping users identify persons or entities responsible for content and services online;
- Assisting businesses, other organizations and users in combating fraud, complying with relevant laws and safeguarding the interests of the public.
Supported whois domain TLDS are: ae, aero, ag, asia, at, au, be, biz, br,bz, ca, cat, ch, cl, cn, co, co, coop, cz, de, edu, es, eu, fi, fj, fm, fr, hu, ie, in, info, int, ip, ip, ir, is, it, jp, lt, lu, ly, me, mobi, museum, mx, name, nl, nu, nz, org, org, pl, pro, pt, ro, ru, sc, se, si, su, tel, travel, uk, us, ve, ws, za, zane